October 27-30 in beautiful Colorado Springs
Please keep the annual National Day of Prayer Leadership Summit in your prayers.
Praying people and NDP leaders from across the nation will be gathering next weekend. I am blessed and honored to represent Michigan and look forward to being officially commissioned as the new State Coordinator on Sunday.
The Call Detroit
Please join us in Detroit next month as thousands gather to fast and pray for our nation.
Amidst great darkness, a great light can shine. Detroit's desperation can produce a prayer that could shift our nation back to God.
DATE & TIME:
November 11-12, 2011
24 hours, 6pm-6pm (Gates open at 4:30)
2000 Brush St
Detroit, Michigan 48226
[Click here] to complete your free registration (required).
My Prayers for Detroit
Detroit is a national leader and what happens in Detroit impacts our nation. With that in mind, I did a bit of research and am praying the following:
As "MOTOWN" released a sound that reached across the world, I pray that our united petitions will release a sound that shreds the kingdom of darkness and dispenses a light that ripples from our region to others.
As the "MOTOR CITY" mobilized the world, may we humble ourselves before the Lord and seek Him for healing in our land...an anointed revival that will revitalize our communities and roll out some new and wonderful things for the Kingdom of God!
Also, I am praying in agreement with Detroit's two mottos (on the city's flag):
1. "We hope for better things"
2. "It will rise from the ashes."
A Bit of History...that hopefully repeats itself...
A fire in 1805 caused the entire city of Detroit to burn with the exception of one building. In the center of the Detroit city flag, a woman on the left weeps over the city's destruction, while a woman on the right gestures to the new city that will rise in its place.
We did it before and we can do it again!
Pray with me that a holy spiritual fire falls on the great city of Detroit that changes the very landscape and brings new life to our city and beyond...in the mighty name of Jesus!
More prayer points and history to come! Let's connect on facebook and twitter...
A Michigan Resource for you!
In Michigan we have a unique and wonderful resource--the Michigan Capitol House of Prayer.
This is a blessing to our state, and it's yours to use. Fore more information, visit the "MICHOP" website at:
Friday, September 2, 2011
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Please consider joining us at the Capitol or hosting your own…
National, State-by-State, Bible Read-A-Thon
Saturday, September 10, 2011
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., EST
In preparation for the tenth anniversary of the September 11 attacks, the National Day of Prayer Task Force has asked its State Coordinators to organize teams that will work in tandem to collectively read the entire Bible aloud in one day across our great nation.
• Events are to be organized in the capitol cities of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands (a.k.a. “The 52”) in which each state or territory covers an assigned portion of Scripture from both the Old and New Testaments.
• In addition to the capitol cities, any city may also develop a team to read the Scriptures assigned to their states in their local communities.
• The reading of the assigned segments would ideally be done by a team and estimated to take approximately two hours or less.
INSTRUCTIONS (state or city level):
• Select at least one leader (Site Captain).
• Secure a location following any necessary protocols/paperwork.
• The Site Captain is responsible to form a team of readers (amount at his/her discretion, although ten would cover the selected portions of Scripture). This informal event is open to families, children, ministers and Christian friends who will help speak forth the Word of God.
• Participants may bring their own Bibles; however, Site Captains should have one on hand.
• The entire Bible will be read in “The 52” declaring God’s Holy Word collectively over our nation and territories.
INSTALLMENTS (for Michigan):
Books of the Law: Exodus 32:7-35:21
Books of History: 2 Samuel 20:15-24:25
Writings: Job 29:1-29:25
Poetry: Psalms 65:1-67:6
Wisdom: Proverbs 14:1-14:19
Prophets: Jeremiah 37:11-41:18
The Gospels: Mark 11:22 - 13:11
Church History: Acts 12:10 - 12:25
Paul’s Letters: 2 Corinthians 4:11 - 6:18
General Epistles: 1 John 5:1 - 5:21
More detailed information on the capitol event to follow.