Saturday, August 27, 2011
Please consider joining us at the Capitol or hosting your own…
National, State-by-State, Bible Read-A-Thon
Saturday, September 10, 2011
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., EST
In preparation for the tenth anniversary of the September 11 attacks, the National Day of Prayer Task Force has asked its State Coordinators to organize teams that will work in tandem to collectively read the entire Bible aloud in one day across our great nation.
• Events are to be organized in the capitol cities of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands (a.k.a. “The 52”) in which each state or territory covers an assigned portion of Scripture from both the Old and New Testaments.
• In addition to the capitol cities, any city may also develop a team to read the Scriptures assigned to their states in their local communities.
• The reading of the assigned segments would ideally be done by a team and estimated to take approximately two hours or less.
INSTRUCTIONS (state or city level):
• Select at least one leader (Site Captain).
• Secure a location following any necessary protocols/paperwork.
• The Site Captain is responsible to form a team of readers (amount at his/her discretion, although ten would cover the selected portions of Scripture). This informal event is open to families, children, ministers and Christian friends who will help speak forth the Word of God.
• Participants may bring their own Bibles; however, Site Captains should have one on hand.
• The entire Bible will be read in “The 52” declaring God’s Holy Word collectively over our nation and territories.
INSTALLMENTS (for Michigan):
Books of the Law: Exodus 32:7-35:21
Books of History: 2 Samuel 20:15-24:25
Writings: Job 29:1-29:25
Poetry: Psalms 65:1-67:6
Wisdom: Proverbs 14:1-14:19
Prophets: Jeremiah 37:11-41:18
The Gospels: Mark 11:22 - 13:11
Church History: Acts 12:10 - 12:25
Paul’s Letters: 2 Corinthians 4:11 - 6:18
General Epistles: 1 John 5:1 - 5:21
More detailed information on the capitol event to follow.